no rain yet25 July, 2012


rain storm passing us by

This is a picture of a rainstorm passing us by.

After no rain all month, we’ve had our hopes up for tonight. All week they’ve been forecasting rain for this evening. First there was a 50% chance, then a 40% chance, then a 60% chance, and now we are supposed to get that rain, if we are going to get it, between a few hours ago and few hours from now.

A little bit ago, the wind picked up and the sky out the window grew dark and we got very excited. We went right out to look. And sure enough, there was thunder and lightening off to the south. And thick dark clouds off to the north. Just one thin little strip in between. And what did that thin little strip, right over us, look like? Blue ****ing sky.

over us, blue sky

Granted, there is still time. And also a 10% chance of rain in the wee hours of the morning. And oh, this weekend they’ve currently got predicted a 40% chance of thunderstorms. Maybe that one won’t manage to miss us. If it happens at all.

On the up side, there is a strong cool wind blowing which feels wonderful after a day that topped 100. The leaves are flying off the trees like it is early fall, so many of them have turned color and dried up in the wait for rain. It is beautiful.


Comments

  • I’m sorry the rain missed you. We’ve finally gotten our share (three times in three days! many things are looking less droopy – the ones that weren’t already completely dead, that is – and there’s even a part of our grass that is turning green again) – I hope yours comes soon.

    Sara26 July, 2012 at 7:43 am